HOUSTON – From scrubs to overalls, a regional farmer stop her position in general public well being to devote herself to feeding Houston’s Sunnyside community.
Ivy Partitions moved to Sunnyside in February 2020 and rapidly observed the concern of foodstuff insecurity in our personal backyard.
Now, she’s bringing healthier foods to this underserved area.
It is been a whirlwind 12 months for this younger lady as her selfless functions even landed her on Beyonce’s web site, so we’re breaking it all down for you!
Satisfy IVY Walls
- A 26-yr-previous nearby farmer
- Prairie View A&M graduate with a bachelor’s in biology
- Has had a enthusiasm for gardening considering the fact that she was a little female
- Her passion for creating alter and a sense of neighborhood led her to build Ivy Leaf Farms
- Ivy moved to Sunnyside in February 2020 and was upset to see that regional develop was not in satisfactory disorders for her neighbors
IVY LEAF FARMS
- Ivy Leaf Farms chose to enjoy and provide the Sunnyside group
- 5 acres of spouse and children residence situated in South Houston
- Devoted to neighborhood beautification when creating sustainable wellbeing foods for households in city meals deserts
THE WHIRLWIND TIMELINE
- NOVEMBER 2019: Ivy Leaf Farms was just an idea that started off in a yard back garden
- FEBRUARY 2020: Ivy moved to Sunnyside
- MARCH 2020: The expanding area was expanded to family members land on Sunnyside
- JUNE 2020: Ivy was receiving flooded with donation requests so she set up a GoFundMe account that would assistance fund a mobile market and aid extend the farm
- JULY 2020: In 30 days the GoFundMe account lifted over $10,000
- AUGUST 2020: Ivy resigned from general public health and fitness position and grew to become a comprehensive-time farmer
- AUGUST 2020: Woke up to getting IvyLeafFarms.com on Beyonce’s web site! Beyonce’s ‘Be Fantastic Black Owned Tiny Business enterprise Effect Fund’ and the NAACP selected Ivy Leaf Farms as a recipient to a $10,000 grant she applied for to assistance increase the farm.
THE Cellular Inexperienced HOUWSE:
- Funded by her GoFunMe Account with help from the community
- Travels all through the community to get veggies suitable into the hands of her neighbors, all those with a deficiency of transportation to get the groceries they want
What is Future FOR IVY LEAF FARMS?
- Extend the farm to host gardening lessons
- Host farm to desk functions
- Create a brick and mortar spot in a type of a healthy meals restaurant the place area farmers and artisans can provide create and crafts
IVY LEAF FARMS PUMPKIN PATCHES
- Friday, Oct 30th at Ivy Leaf Farms from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct 21st at the Sunnyside Multi Company Heart from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m
Copyright 2020 by KPRC Click on2Houston – All rights reserved.